Peer advisor program
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic volunteer Student Exchange Peer Advisors to assist students interested in going on an overseas experience. Participation in the program will give you the chance to meet exchange students from around the world and join in fun activities. This is a terrific way to boost your resume and gain valuable experience in international education. Upon completion of the Student Exchange Peer Advisor Program you will:
- Receive a Certificate of Appreciation at the iLEAD Completion Ceremony
- Receive iLEAD points based on hours of participation
- Be encouraged to develop an online Profile/CV for career purposes.
Tasks would include (but not limited to):
- Assist during consultation times
- Promote exchange opportunities around campus
- Discuss your experience with other students both online or at events
- Attend student exchange networking events
- Conduct presentations about your experience at school and faculty events
- Assist at International Office events including university open days, o-week and the study overseas expo.
To become a Student Exchange Peer Advisor you would need to be/have:
- A current student of the University of Newcastle
- Previously completed an exchange with the University of Newcastle
- An interest in international culture and education
- Well organised and reliable
- Passionate about meeting new people
To apply for a position, please complete the online Expression of Interest.
All prospective advisors for Semester 2 2014 onwards, will be contacted prior to the start of each semester.