Special Exchange Codes for going on exchange

Special Exchange Codes

exchange codes 

Exchange codes are used by students that are studying at partner institutions for a semester or short term experiences.

You must be enrolled in the special exchange codes to be covered by the University's free travel insurance and to continue to receive centrelink benefits. 

To enrol in the Special Exchange Codes, you can go to MyHub and enrol in the codes, similar to on-campus courses. Depending on credit negotiation with the Faculty, students should enrol in the following:

  • CODE1999 = 40 units
  • CODE1998 = 30 units
  • CODE1997 = 20 units
  • CODE1996 = 10 units

Example: If an education student has received 40 units of credit, regardless of whether or not they have received credit for a core subject, elective or unspecified credit (CRGR), they would enrol in EDUC 1999. If a student was studying English as a major at Newcastle, the course code would be ENGL; a History major would be HIST etc.