Information about going overseas if you are on centrelink benefits

Centrelink Payments

Students going on Exchange that currently receive Centrelink payments, may be eligible for payments overseas. Before going overseas students are responsible for contacting Centrelink and providing a copy of the official Exchange Confirmation letter issued during the Pre-Departure phase. In addition, to avoid having payments being cut-off whilst overseas, students must be enrolled full time in the special exchange codes for a semester abroad.

Tip: Provide Centrelink with a nominated person in Australia who can talk to Centrelink while you are overseas.