Costs and Facilities
There is a $200.00 administration fee (placement fee) charged for each Homestay placement. You will be sent an invoice for this charge during your first semester at the University. Students should pay the Placement Fee at the Cashier's Office in the Student Services Building on campus.
Homestay Accommodation Fee
For 2014 Homestay
- $230.00 per week for all meals (3 per day)
- $215.00 per week for 16 meals (ie. no lunches Monday – Friday)
- $10.00 extra for internet access
You must pay for 2 weeks on arrival directly to your Homestay host. This is non-refundable and you should be prepared to stay at least 4 weeks in your Homestay. After this time you can negotiate to stay longer or arrange alternative accommodation.
What is included in the Homestay Accommodation Fee?
- Your own furnished bedroom – all Homestay properties have been inspected and approved by the Homestay Coordinator. In most Homestays you will share a bathroom and laundry facilities with the host family
- Inclusion in family activities, outings and special events
What is not included in the Homestay Accommodation Fee?
- Transport – your host will provide information and assistance to help you access public transport
- Laundry and personal items – it is important to discuss with your host family arrangements in regard to washing household and personal items
- Internet – some hosts will also charge an additional fee for internet access of $10 per week
Our administrative process considers your preferences before placing you with a suitable Homestay host (i.e. pets, smoking, dietary requirements).
Information about your host family will be sent to you before you leave your home country for Australia. Each host family is interviewed and the accommodation is inspected before a student is placed with the family.
Homestay will try to match the interests of our students to those of our families.
Our office is on campus and easily accessible to students. We are located at Room HA41, International Office, Callaghan Campus.