Research granting opportunities and procedures
Research Services is the primary research contact within the University of Newcastle and supports research management and policy development in the University including:
• Dissemination of details on upcoming funding opportunities.
• Provision of guidance and feedback on grant applications prior to submission.
• Co-ordination of submissions to internal schemes and external funding bodies.
• Administration and approval of Human and animal ethics.
• Ongoing administration of internal and external grants.
• Implementation of the research centres policy and membership management.
• Collection of data on all research publications associated with the University of Newcastle.
The Humanities Research Institute aims to complement the work of Research Services and build capacity within its specific research community for achieving greater success with external funding by:
• Alerting Humanities researchers to potential external grant opportunities
• Familiarising researchers, especially ECRs and new appointments, with grant and consultancy procedures at the University of Newcastle
• Familiarising researchers, especially ECRs, to the external grant database SPIN
• Providing guidance, lay review where appropriate, and submission support for non-ARC grant applications (which are submitted via Research Services)
• Maintaining a targeted Grants Calendar as well as links to pages and materials created by Research Services such as the Research Manual.
Please contact Kristy Atkins or Linda Hutchinson (HRI Executive Officers).
In addition, the Faculty of Education and Arts provides an annual research development support programme, which concentrates on assisting researchers to enhance the quality and competitiveness of nationally competitive grants including ARC Linkage Projects, ARC Discovery Projects and ARC Future Fellowships.
Please contact Catherine Oddie (Faculty Research Development Manager).
Humanities Research Institute Grants Calendar
The Grants Calendar (indicative only) provides a yearly overview for Humanities Research Institutes and RISIW of related research, travel, and RHD grants and awards. Detailed and up-to-date application timetables are available from the University’s Research Services website for ARC Grant schemes and NHMRC grant schemes.
The latest information, including closing dates, for these and other grant opportunities is made available through email lists maintained by the Research Office. These email lists will allow you to be informed directly of upcoming grants.
Other grants and awards contained in this list are sourced from the Sponsored Programs Information Network (SPIN) Australia. Access SPIN.
Internal grants (University of Newcastle Research Support Schemes) can be accessed through the Research Services website here.
Please Note: To review and send applications, Research Office requires draft applications 10 days before the granting body's closing date.