The Institute’s goals are to:
1. Promote systematic and sustainable high quality research in education;
2. Maintain the highest standards of ethical integrity in educational research;
3. Maintain and build on our tradition of innovation in educational research;
4. Inform and challenge educational policy, practice and public debate;
5. Collaborate with policy makers and practitioners;
6. Nurture partnerships through local, national and international educational research collaborations; and
7. Cultivate interdisciplinary research to enhance theoretical, methodological, and evidence-based understandings of education.
ERIN provides a productive research environment where leading scholars conduct streams of research that have high national and international impact. ERIN strives to be an instrument of change to advance educational practice, to create inclusive and equitable learning environments and to enhance educational outcomes for diverse learners. The Institute facilitates collaborative research across disciplines and countries as well as with policy makers and practitioners. ERIN nurtures new researchers to become leading investigators in the field. While attending closely to national and international priorities, ERIN also develops innovative lines of educational inquiry. The Institute is committed to the wide dissemination of its research findings at scholarly, professional and public forums. ERIN pursues systematic and sustainable research and development, and delivers evidence-based solutions to significant educational problems.