CIEGUN’s Research Programme will:
- facilitate the development of case-studies (spokes), utilising critical and post-structural theoretical frameworks in the analysis of these cases, and the alternatives within them, across temporal and multi-scalar levels;
- explore case-studies at multiple levels of analysis, including analyses of policy as articulated and promoted by government, transnational agencies, Aid agencies, NGOs, and social movements;
- challenge established dichotomies and associated non-productive debates (e.g. structure / agency; global / local; determinism / free will; reform / revolution) in educational policy formulation and analyses, in favour of more nuanced (temporal and locational) and comprehensive studies;
- elaborate critical readings of dominant educational policies, drawing on and through subordinate understandings, policies and practices, to demonstrate how these present viable alternatives for contemporary contexts; and
- promote interventionist or engaged academic work under contemporary conditions – impacting on policy debate, formulation and implementation and promoting social transformation.