Research granting opportunities and procedures
Research Services is the primary research contact within the University of Newcastle and supports research management and policy development in the University including:
• Dissemination of details on upcoming funding opportunities.
• Provision of guidance and feedback on grant applications prior to submission.
• Co-ordination of submissions to internal schemes and external funding bodies.
• Administration and approval of Human and animal ethics.
• Ongoing administration of internal and external grants.
• Implementation of the research centres policy and membership management.
• Collection of data on all research publications associated with the University of Newcastle.
ERIN aims to complement the work of Research Services and build capacity within its specific research community for achieving greater success with external funding by:
• Alerting Education researchers to potential external grant opportunities
• Familiarising researchers, especially ECRs and new appointments, with grant and consultancy procedures at the University of Newcastle
• Familiarising researchers, especially ECRs, to the external grant database SPIN
• Providing guidance, lay review where appropriate, and submission support for non-ARC grant applications (which are submitted via Research Services)
• Maintaining a targeted Grants Calendar as well as links to pages and materials created by Research Services such as the Research Manual.
Please contact Linda Hutchinson (ERIN Executive Officer).
In addition, the Faculty of Education and Arts provides an annual research development support programme, which concentrates on assisting researchers to enhance the quality and competitiveness of nationally competitive grants including ARC Linkage Projects, ARC Discovery Projects and ARC Future Fellowships.
Please contact Catherine Oddie (Faculty Research Development Manager).