Industry Based Indigenous Scholarships (IBIS)
See below for information on how to apply, eligibility criteria and the selection process for Industry Based Indigenous Scholarships.
Applications for the March intake are now closed.
Please refer to the available scholarships page for the remaining 2011 intake (July & October) important dates.
For a complete listing of IBIS scholarships available please click HERE.
For more information please call the Industry Scholarship office on (02) 4921 8998
How do I apply
1. Complete the following Application form
Application form - Industry Based Indigenous Scholarships (IBIS)
2. Email completed application form to Industry-Scholarships@newcastle.edu.au
3. Within two working days check you have received a confirmation email to acknowledge receipt of your application.
Ensure you read ALL information regarding the IBIS scholarship carefully before you sign the application form and if you have any questions contact the Industry Scholarship office.
Am I Eligible
To be eligible you need to be:
- An Australian Citizen or permanent resident
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Available to attend information day/s and interviews
- enrolled as a full time student at the time your scholarship commences
- compatible with any additional criteria requested by the Sponsor
Academic progress is subject to satisfactory progress in the area of study (pass grade a minimum requirement). Other selection criteria include teamwork, dedication, motivation and enthusiasm for a career in the relevant profession.
Applications are reviewed by academic staff from the relevant discipline, together with industry sponsors, Indigenous community member/s and an independent person. Normally, at least four applicants are short-listed for each scholarship on offer. The interview aims to gain insight into your aspirations, motivations and understanding of your profession.