Apply to exhibit
How to apply to exhibit at Watt Space:
Any current student from the University of Newcastle is eligible to apply to exhibit at Watt Space.
Solo exhibitions, group shows and curated exhibitions are welcomed.
To find out what is involved as an exhibitor at Watt Space, please see gallery spaces
Exhibitions are selected through written proposals accompanied by images - either recent slides or images on CD. There are no application forms; you are required to put together a proposal that includes the information listed below.
A selection committee, made up of three students, three lecturers and the Watt Space Curator, look at all submitted proposals; applicants are notified 2-3 weeks after submissions close.
Proposals must include:
- Cover page detailing name, address, phone numbers, email address and exhibition title.
- Curriculum vitae to include your name, current and relevant education, exhibition experience, awards and publications - View example of required information
- Proposal details including current research.
- What you want to exhibit, where in the gallery and when, your preferred time of the year.
- Images of your current work relevant to your proposal - in slide, video or CD form. (Please include an images list with title, date, size and medium of each work.)
Mail proposal to:
PO Box 180 Shortland Building
University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308
or deliver in person to:
Watt Space pigeonhole, School of Fine Arts Office at the University of Newcastle or
Watt Space Gallery between Wednesday - Sunday 11am - 5pm.
For all enquiries and assistance with proposals:
Please email Watt Space Curator at email@example.com or ring the Watt Space Office on 4921 5188.
Watt Space is funded by the UoN Services Limited and supported by the School of Drama, Fine Art and Music at the University of Newcastle. All associated images and information copyright © the artists, Watt Space & the University of Newcastle, Australia. Building images © Roger Hanley