How can I apply?
Contact the Wollotuka Institute (Ph +61 2 4921 6863) for further information about submitting an application.
Click here to login to the Online Direct Admissions site and apply for Yapug.
If you have previously logged in to this system and are returning to complete your application, click here to login again.
Once you have applied and submitted supporting documents, if you meet the application criteria you will receive an offer 2-3 weeks prior to the start of semester.
Application Supporting Documents
- All Yapug applicants must submit Confirmation of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander Status to support their application. When you send this in please attach a copy of the Summary of your Online Application.
- If you have previously applied to study or undertaken study at the University of Newcastle and have since changed your name you must send in a University of Newcastle Name Change Advice Form (PDF, 80 KB) and appropriate documentation.
General Instructions for Applying
- You must nominate an email address to complete this online application.
- The first page is to set you up as a user of this online system. After you have registered your email and password you will be redirected to a Login screen. Login here to apply for Yapug.
- You must complete your online application using upper and lower case letters for your name and address details, e.g. Jane Anne Smith, 34 Brown Street, Wallsend.
- When you are entering your name you must enter your full name as it appears on formal documentation (eg. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate or Passport).
- The Terms and Conditions of enrolment with Foundation Studies can be found here.
- A visual guide to the Online Application process is available here.
What happens after I apply?
Applicants will receive an automatic email response. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are successful in gaining a place in Yapug, we will send you an offer 2-3 weeks prior to the start of semester.
This offer will contain details of how to:
- set up your student computer access, and
- enrol in your courses online
- obtain your student card
- purchase your text books
- be ready to start your studies.