PREP078 - Foundation Mathematics
Foundation Mathematics is an introductory course for students with limited prior studies in mathematics who are enrolling in programs requiring some level of numeracy and algebraic skills, for example, Primary Teaching, Construction Management, Architecture, Biotechnology or Information Technology.
- natural numbers, prime numbers
- integers, dealing with negative numbers
- surds, Pythagoras' Theorem
- order of operations
- Index Laws and Log Laws
- algebra, expanding, gathering, factoring, squaring
- equations, simultaneous equations, quadratic equations
- graphing: straight lines and parabolas
Note: Students will require a Scientific Calculator for the course.
Monday 1 to Friday 5 February
|5pm - 8pm (15 hrs)||VG10 Mathematics Building||Callaghan|
|Monday 15 to Friday 19 February||9am - 12pm (15 hrs)||VG10 Mathematics Building||Callaghan|
|Monday 1 to Friday 5 February||1pm - 4pm (15 hrs)||CS219 Classrooms South||Ourimbah|
|Monday 8 to Friday 12 February||5pm - 8pm (15 hrs)||CS219 Classrooms South||Ourimbah|
Registrations will open 8 January 2016. Click here to register.