PREP078 - Foundation Mathematics
Foundation Mathematics is an introductory course for students with limited prior studies in mathematics who are enrolling in programs requiring some level of numeracy and algebraic skills, for example, Primary Teaching, Construction Management, Architecture, Biotechnology or Information Technology.
- natural numbers, prime numbers
- integers, dealing with negative numbers
- surds, Pythagoras' Theorem
- order of operations
- Index Laws and Log Laws
- algebra, expanding, gathering, factoring, squaring
- equations, simultaneous equations, quadratic equations
- graphing: straight lines and parabolas
Note: Students will require a Scientific Calculator for the course.
Wednesday 8 July - Friday 10 July
|9am - 1pm|
|JG01/02, Education General Purpose||Port Macquarie|
|Monday 13 July - Friday 17 July||9am - 12pm|
|VG01, Mathematics Building||Callaghan|
Registrations have now closed.