About UON Prep Bridging courses
UON Prep Bridging courses are offered for commencing students prior to the start of semester. The courses are designed to improve your academic skills and refresh your knowledge in key subject areas while also giving you an insight into the expectations of university study.
On-campus Courses: Once you have received your offer of a place at the University of Newcastle you will be able to register for the UON Prep Bridging course(s) of your choice. Normally the courses run for 15 hours across one week.
Online Courses: Academic Survival Skills Online and The Secret Life of Matter: Foundation Chemistry are fully online courses which run for the three weeks before semester begins and which remain open for the rest of the semester for you to refer back to.
What does it cost?
There are no costs associated with the UON Prep Bridging courses offered in 2015.
What do past UON Prep Bridging course students think?
- "It is a good starting point for those students who haven't had to write an essay of any kind before."
- "I think the instructor was very supportive and approachable, covered the subject at a good pace and broke things down to be more easy to understand."
- "The teacher was patient and helpful."
- "The lecturer was amazing, it was great to get a taste of what university may be like in the weeks leading up to week one."
- "The Academic Survival Skills Online course has helped me to feel confident going into my studies, especially with my essay and report writing."