Why live on campus?
On-campus accommodation at the University of Newcastle offers so much more than just a room. Located just fifteen minutes from the city's beaches and CBD, UoN Student Living offers an experience unlike any other, with social, cultural, academic and pastoral support through our ResLife Program. With the diversity of our residential community students have the opportunity to forge lifelong friendships with people from all around the world.
Our student-focused facilities include study areas, common rooms and indoor and outdoor social spaces. Twenty-four hour security and on-call resident support provides peace of mind for those coming to live on campus, as well as for their loved ones at home. Living on campus is a perfect transition for students leaving home for the first time or who are arriving from other towns, cities or countries.
Each residence has its own identity and atmosphere and offers a choice of accommodation options. The choice of private or shared rooms and private or shared facilities provides a range of accommodation to suit our diverse student population. We also offer a variety of living arrangements to suit either the student wanting the ease of fully catered meal options or the flexibility of semi-catered living, through to self-catered options for the student seeking more independence.
- Location – close to classes, libraries, gym, bars, shops, buses, trains, shopping centres.
- Facilities as part of the precinct – kitchens, laundries, pools, common spaces, study spaces, internet access.
- Ease of application.
- Apply online, no prior rental history reference required.
- Immediate network of friends means great social life.
- Staff support through the ResLife Program.
- Diversity of residents, from all over the world.
- Charity and sporting programs.
- Traditions and unique residential culture.
Peace of Mind
- Security available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All your bills are taken care of.
- Rates are set at 75% of an independently assessed market price – making it actually cheaper to live on campus.
- Pastoral care - Health and Wellbeing programs, Academic Support programs
Flexibility and Variety
- Flexible catering options available – fully catered, self-catered, semi-catered, casual meals.
- Ensuite or shared bathroom options.
- Single or double rooms.
- Share with nobody, one person, 4 or 10
- Nearly double the number of beds in 2015. Total number of beds at over 1,700 from Semester One 2015.