Three FREE seminars are provided for all university researchers (students and staff) at the end of the first semester in June/July each year. They are taught in an accessible and easy to understand way, covering the following topics:
What is statistics about?
What method should I use?
How much data should I collect?
Download the seminar series PDF for more information and registration details.
Presentation dates for these seminars in 2013 will be 25th June, 2nd July and 9th July.
Course notes for the seminars will be available for download a couple of days after each presentation
Seminar 1: What is statistics about? (not yet available)
Seminar 2: What method do I use? (not yet available)
Seminar 3: How much data should I collect? (not yet available)
How to analyse my data
is a 3 day course that will be run 16-18th July 2013. It is aimed at RHD students, but staff can attend too. This course provides help in analysing data and reporting results. The use of statistical software packages will be illustrated using SPSS.
Download the course information and registration form
Staff and students of the University of Newcastle, under the SAS Education Analytical Suite license, have complimentary unlimited access to 8 SAS eLearning courses.
- SAS(R) Programming Introduction: Basic Concepts
- SAS(R) Programming 1: Essentials
- SAS(R) Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS(R) Programming 3: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- SAS(R) SQL 1: Essentials
- Querying, Reporting, and Analyzing Data Using SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R)
- SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R) 1: Querying and Reporting (EG4.2)
- SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R) 1: Querying and Reporting (EG4.3)
- SAS(R) Macro Language 1: Essentials
Programming 1 and 2 are equivalent to the basic and advanced modules that used to be delivered face to face in previous years.
For access to these courses email us at
and ask for the free activation code to the SAS Elearning.