Suggested PATHWAYS in the Bachelor of Science
As the degree program offering the greatest diversity of majors and array of choices, the Bachelor of Science can also be the hardest to make choices between those options.
The following Suggested PATHWAYS documents give an indication of sets of courses meeting the program requirements that will prepare students for particular careers. They are not the only sets of courses that will take students to the same careers, and they are not the only careers these sets of courses will prepare students for.
Students are encouraged to investigate their individual interests, consulting with the Program Convenor and/or Head of Discipline for each major in determining how best to meet their needs. The links under each Discipline name will take students to more detailed information, including much broader detail about careers and employers of graduates in each area of study.
The Program Handbook for the Bachelor of Science is the official document as well as a good source of ideas for other course options. Information about Mathematics Requirements and Program Enrolment Checklists (located on your Program Handbook Page) to track your progress and ensure you are meeting the requirements of the program and your chosen major(s) are also available.
Students are encouraged to take the highest level MATH course in their first year of study, appropriate to their ability, based on the results of the Maths Diagnostic Quiz. For further advice, students are encouraged to contact the Bachelor of Science Program Convenor or the School of Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
The double majors listed below are available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science. If the double major option you are considering is not listed below, talk to your Program Convenor who can help you find the best path to reach your career goal.
- Biophysics (Biological Science/Physics)
- Biostatistics (Biological Science/Statistics)
- Chemometrics (Chemistry/Statistics)
- Geophysics (Earth Sciences/Physics)
- Coastal Zone Management (Marine Science/Sustainable Resource Management)
- Animal Biology/Animal Research Science
- Biochemistry/Genetics/Physiology/Reproductive Biology
- Biophysics (double major)
- Biostatistics (double major)
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Environmental Biology
- Environmental Plant Biology
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemometrics (double major) - Chemical Measurement and Data Analysis
- Chemometrics (double major) - Chemical Measurement and Instrument Design
- Environmental Chemistry
- Forensic Chemistry