…Do you have product development problems or need help from an expert?…
The Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment through collaboration and consultancy offers Industry an opportunity to have their problems answered and become involved in ground breaking research whilst having access to strategic network links with industry, government and the community.
External companies and agencies can experience the benefits of working with the University of Newcastle by starting a partnership with an academic or research team.
There are significant benefits to Industry from becoming involved in a partnership. These include:
- Access to specialist expertise and equipment to assist you and your business achieve your goals. This includes time of academic staff, value of its know how, extensive research infrastructure and international links to research and development.
- The opportunity to have a complex problem solved or reviewed by an independent source
- The opportunity to form an strategic alliance with the University and to play a vital role in the University's success
- The chance to attract talented students to areas of research and to contribute to company projects.
- The ability to strengthen your company’s knowledge and practices and remain competitive in the field
- The potential to leverage additional government funding to support Industry and University collaboration
- And the potential to be eligible for the R&D Tax Concession in a collaboration project, to the extent that the expenditure is incurred by an eligible company in respect of eligible R&D activities and provided that all other eligibility requirements are met.
- Access to international expertise through the Faculty’s global links.
Schools within the Faculty are actively involved in consulting activities for local, Australian and International industries. The consulting activities are an essential aspect of the Faculty's teaching and research effort as they lead to future research projects and provide opportunities for students to be involved in project work at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Engaging in consultancy with the Faculty is beneficial to companies as academic members of the Faculty are able to:
- Apply their expertise to specific problems faced by the company.
- Provide advice on what tests could help solve a problem
- Help in interpreting the results of testing
…How to organise consulting?…
The best way for industry to organise consulting or express interest in research collaboration is through Newcastle Innovation, the commercial arm of the University of Newcastle that provides a broadly-based research and specialist education service to industry, commerce and the community.
|AmpControl Pty Ltd||Hunter Catchment Management Trust|
|Australian Coal Research Ltd||Hunter Region Organisation of Councils|
|Baulderstone Hornibrook Pty Ltd||Hunter Water Corporation|
|BHP Billiton Research Labs||Hydro Aluminium Kurri|
|Bligh Voller Nield||Industrial Automation Services|
|Brisbane Water City Council||Leighton Contractors Pty Ltd|
|Capral Aluminium||Lucent Technologies Australia Pty Ltd|
|Clay Brick and Paver Institute||NSW Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Natural Resources|
|Communication Electronics Solutions Pty Ltd||Optus|
|C W Pope & Associates Pty Ltd||ORCIA Australia Pty Ltd|
|Delta Electricity||Pacific Power International|
|Department of Industry, Energy and Resources||Sanitarium Health Food Company|
|Department of Land and Water Conservation||STR Applications Pty Ltd|
|Engineering Services and Supplies Pty Ltd||Theiss Contractors Pty Ltd|
|Gosford-Wyong Council’s Water Authority||Total Internet Centre Pty Ltd|
|GULF Conveyor Holdings Pty Ltd||Uncle Ben’s of Australia|