Introduction to Version Control with Git
Wednesday, 12 July 2017, 02:00 pm — Wednesday, 12 July 2017, 05:00 pm
|Contact||Dr Richard Berry ( firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Have you mistakenly overwritten programs or data and want to learn techniques to avoid repeating the loss? Version control systems are one of the most powerful tools available for avoiding data loss and enabling reproducible research. While the learning curve can be steep, our trainers are there to answer all your questions while you gain hands on experience in using Git, one of the most popular version control systems available.
Join us for this workshop where we cover the fundamentals of version control using the researcher-focused training modules from the highly regarded Software Carpentry Foundation (software-carpentry.org).
You’ll learn how to:
- Keep versions of data, scripts, and other files
- Examine commit logs to find which files were changed when
- Restore earlier versions of files
- Compare changes between versions of a file
- Push your versioned files to a remote location, for backup and to facilitate collaboration.
Course Outline: https://goo.gl/sasZZX
Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/33327607772