Defence and Security Innovation Showcase
Thursday, 28 August 2014, 04:00 pm — Thursday, 28 August 2014, 06:00 pm
|Location||Hunter Trade and Investment Centre, Level 3, 251 Wharf Road, Newcastle|
|Contact||Kate Hayes: E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +61 2 4921 5287|
|RSVP||Thursday, 28 August 2014|
The University of Newcastle Defence Security and Innovation Cluster aims to encourage greater engagement between University of Newcastle researchers and the established defence industry in Newcastle and the Hunter Region.
Research and Innovation Showcase
On 28 August between 4pm to 6pm, the Defence and Security Innovation Cluster will host a Research and Innovation Showcase where some of our top researchers will give presentations on their research capabilities, their current work with defence and practical examples of how their research has been applied to solve real life challenges.
The presentations will be followed by a networking opportunity where drinks and canapés will be available. The Research Development team will also be on hand to facilitate connections between industry and our researchers.
- Professor Paul Dastoor - Inkjet and Reel-to-Reel Printing of Electronic Sensors
- Associate Professor Ljiljana Brankovic - Privacy and Cyber Security
- Dr Andrew Fleming - Precision Mechatronics
- Associate Professor Alan Brichta - Understanding Vestibular Disorder
- Professor Carolyn Mountford - Neurochemical Biomarkers for brain injury and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Associate Professor Wayne Reynolds - Australian Defence Policy
Register to Attend
For more information regarding the event, visit our Eventbrite page.