Band Comp Registration
|Start Date||Monday, 14 April 2014, 05:00 pm|
|End Date||Friday, 2 May 2014, 05:00 pm|
Entering the ACCA National Campus Band Comp means you can take part in the largest live band competition in the southern hemisphere! NCBC has been running at Australian University and TAFE campuses across the country for 22 years - providing audiences with some truly memorable moments and incredible bands. Each year up to 400 bands from over 40 institutions compete live, aiming to be crowned national winners of this prestigious and highly respected competition.
Everything you need to know about taking the next step to reach the big time is right here. Check out the details below for the dates, details on how to enter as well as the fine print.
Previous winners and entrants have included: Eskimo Joe, The Vines, Jebediah, George, Grinspoon, Waikiki, Frenzal Rhomb, 78 Saab, Augie March and The Vasco Era, to name a few!
Entry is $25 - complete your expression of interest today.
National Campus Band Comp: Entries close 2 May 2014 (entry fee is $25)
The Fine Print
1. Entry forms must be completed and returned by the due date to the satisfaction of UoN Services.
2. To be eligible for entry your band must have at least one significantly contributing member who is enrolled at and currently attending The University of Newcastle.
3. Bands are eligible to enter at one campus only. Any band found to have breached this rule will be disqualified.
4. Individual performers may enter a maximum of two bands state-wide.
5. Each band must ensure they are fully prepared to commence performance at the designated time. Each band must ensure they do not exceed the performance time limit. Either breach may result in disqualification.
6. Each band must observe the campus policy on provision of sound, lighting and stage equipment.
7. Judging criteria will be as follows:
a. Originality of music
d. Career viability
e. Audience response
Points will be deducted for non-cooperation, lateness, or unprofessional behaviour towards other bands or staff. A band will be disqualified if members are intoxicated or affected by drugs.
8. The decisions of the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Bands who already have a signed contract with a record company and receive financial assistance are ineligible to enter.
10. Bands entering the competition give UoN Services and the competition promoters' permission to use band's name and likeness in promotional material.
11. Bands are expected to make themselves available for promotional activities as required by UoN Services.
12. Entry into the competition is taken as acceptance of all terms and conditions of entry, however UoN Services reserves the right to alter entry conditions for the purpose of improving the running of the competition.
13. While all care is taken in running the competition, no liability shall be accepted for any loss arising as a consequence of this competition.
|RSVP||Friday. 2 May 2014|