Continuous Improvement Cycle
PDSA: Plan, Do, Study, Act
- What are your objectives?
- What are your predictions?
- What data will you require to measure your progress?
- When, who, how and where will you carryout your improvement?
- Carry out the plan
- Document the progress
- Note the problems and solutions
- What changes are still to be made?
- Should this improvement be expanded?
- Analyse the data:
- Have you made the changes expected?
- Have you reached the objectives in step 1?
- What else have you learned?
Problem Solving Tool Selection
PLAN - Define the problem
PLAN - Assess Scope and Cause of Problem
DO - Collect Data and Analyse Cause
DO - Select and Analyse Solutions
STUDY - Implement, Test and Monitor
ACT - Standardise and Report