Our Campus Care program provides information, advice and support in managing inappropriate, concerning or threatening behaviours in a safe and confidential environment. (We are not an emergency service. All emergencies should be reported to Security immediately).
If you experience any of the following please call us on 49218600:
- feel threatened or unsafe
- have concerns about someone else's behaviour or well-being
- have received unwanted attention
- are worried about someone harming themselves or someone else
Our aims are to:
- identify potential concerns early
- minimise the impact of mental illness and psychological distress
- ensure appropriate and timely referral to clinical services
- reduce the stigma of mental illness and promote a University culture that supports individuals and those with concerns about peers and colleagues
- reduce the incidence of serious incidents
Our staff will investigate all reports and liaise with relevant services both within and outside the University adhering to privacy laws and University policy.
*Campus care is a best practise initiative and has close links with the Tertiary Education Safer Community Network in Victoria.
For more information see:
- Guidelines for Managing the Impact of Alcohol and Other Drugs (PDF, 267KB)
- Guideline for Responding to Inappropriate and Threatening Behaviours (PDF, 326KB)
- Concerning Behaviour Advice and Contacts - Sydney (DOC, 33KB)
- Concerning Behaviour Advice and Contacts - Central Coast (DOC, 33KB)
- Concerning Behaviour Advice and Contacts - Callaghan (DOC, 37KB)