Attend your PIES
PIES - Program Information and Enrolment Session (PIES)
Your program or degree will have a PIES session allocated during the fortnight commencing Monday February 3 2014. The time and place for your PIES was included in the letter you should have received from the University just after the UAC offers went out or find your session by clicking on your campus
below. At the end of the PIES you will be enrolled in your courses for 2014 so it's important that you attend
An introduction to professional and academic staff including your Program Officer and Program Convenor – key contacts for your degree An overview of your program What will be required of you in order to complete your degree Enrolment assistance - advice on course selection Enrolment session - you will be led through a process where you select your courses for 2014 and enrol using the University's enrolment system myHub.
- To help plan your enrolment consult the structure outlined in your Program Handbook or First Year Enrolment Guide
- Understand how electives fit into your program
- Bring a pen and notepad to take down information
- Bring your Tax File Number
- If you want to pick up your Student ID Card bring along appropriate identification
To find out more, select your campus below;
For the Newcastle Business School Trimester 1 PIES and Orientation schedule click here
Can't make it your Program Information and Enrolment Sessions (PIES)?
Attending your PIES ensures that you are able to enrol correctly and that you have the opportunity to have staff inform you about your program.
However we understand students have busy lives so if you can't make it to your PIES, we have some other options that will still assist you to enrol.
If you can't make it to your PIES than you will be able to enrol at home from the date of your scheduled session. Session times can be found by clicking on your campus of study above. There are a number of guides that will help you complete your enrolment correctly, all of this information can be found on the University's Orientation website. Follow the steps below;
- Go to the Orientation tab and access Prepare to Enrol, ensure you read all this information carefully.
- Please review your First Year Enrolment Guide that you received in the mail. If for some reason you did not receive one you can find it on the Orientation website in the "Prepare to Enrol" section of the Orientation page. You will need to choose your Faculty and then your program. This will give you an option to access information about your program to assist you to enrol. Your First Year Enrolment Guide is designed specifically for your program and explains what courses to enrol in for the first year.
- Once you have read the guides you will need to log into myUoN - your student portal and access MyHub from the launch pad.
- Once you have logged into Myhub you can then move through to enrolling in your courses. Videos which demonstrate the enrolment process below are available at Ask UoN
- Choose 'My Class Schedule and Enrolment' (left hand side)
- Select 'Semester 1, 2014'
- Click 'Search' – the 'Class Search' screen appears
- Enter one of your courses (eg. MATH1002) into Course Subject box (eg. MATH)
- Type the number into the Course number box (eg. 1002)
- Ensure you select 'Lecture' as the Course Component
- Location is the campus you will be studying
- Continue to select the times that you wish to enrol in (you may need to click VIEW ALL SECTIONS)
- Click NEXT to view full list, Click NEXT again.
- Choose 'Complete Your Enrolment', then click 'Finish Enrolling'
- Repeat process for all your courses
For issues with enrolling please contact the University's Enquiry centre +61 2 4921 5000 or go to Ask UoN