Complete your orientation checklist
Getting organised before the start of your study is an excellent way to minimise stress and feel on top of your study. This section is designed to help you make a good start at the University of Newcastle. You will be introduced to essential things you will need to obtain, such as your student ID card, as well as systems, such as your student email (NUmail), which you can become acquainted with before your study kicks off.
There is a whole bunch of things you should do in order to be ready to start your time at The University of Newcastle.
This checklist is not everything you'll ever need to know or do during your time here – but if you can tick all these boxes you'll be ready to get started!
Things to do now
- Accept your offer
- Get your UoN Student Number (e.g. c3123456) and create your password - this activates your computer accounts
- Start checking your student email via the student portal - myUoN
- Decode some Uni jargon
- Get informed about your degree by reviewing your Program Handbook
- Complete your Mandatory To Do List in myHub - you will find myHub on the left hand side of the screen under 'LaunchPad' when you sign in to your myUoN. Make sure you supply your Tax File Number when completing your Mandatory To Do List if you are a domestic student
- Collect your Student ID Card
- Read up on what to expect in your first year
- Be aware of the support services available to you
- Read the university safety tips
Things to do in 2015
- Complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM)
- Apply for travel concessions (full time students only)
- Purchase a student parking permit (Callaghan students who drive to campus only)
- Print a copy of your campus map
- Check out different social and sporting options available to you
- Complete any relevant bridging or refresher courses
- Attend orientation