Complete your orientation checklist
Getting organised before the start of semester is an excellent way to minimise stress and feel on top of your study. This section is designed to help you make a good start at the University of Newcastle. You will be introduced to essential things you will need to obtain, such as your student ID card, as well as systems, such as your student email (NUmail), which you can become acquainted with before your study kicks off.
There is a whole bunch of things you should do in order to be ready to start your time at The University of Newcastle.
This checklist is not everything you'll ever need to know or do during your time here – but if you can tick all these boxes you'll be ready to get started!
- Accept your offer
- Get your UoN Student Number (e.g. c3123456) and create your password - this activates your computer accounts
- Complete your Mandatory To Do List in myHub - you will find myHub on the left hand side of the screen under 'LaunchPad' when you sign in to your myUoN
- Understand the Program Handbook for your degree
- Attend your Program Information and Enrolment Sessions to get enrolled in all your classes - make sure you bring your student number (e.g. c3123456) and password, tax file number and your first Year enrolment guide
- Collect your Student ID Card
- Apply for travel concessions (full time students only)
- Be aware of the support services available to you
- Complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM)
- Attend orientation
- Start checking your student email via the student portal - myUoN
- Read the university safety tips
- Purchase your prescribed textbooks and readings
- Purchase a student parking permit
- Decode some Uni jargon
- Read up on what to expect in your first year
- Print a copy of your campus map
- Check out different social and sporting options available to you
MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME STUDENTS
- Complete any relevant bridging or refresher courses