If you're in your second year or above, become a student mentor to help new students settle into university study. Your participation will be noted on your AHEG statement, and if you're involved with the University's iLead program, you will receive points towards this.
You'll be provided with between six and 15 new students to mentor.
As a mentor you'll help new students by:
- sharing your tips on being a successful student
- providing support and advice on new student matters
- referring new students to the right places if they have ongoing concerns about university.
You'll need to:
- make contact with new students via email each fortnight from Orientation until week six of semester
- attend information sessions to ensure you're up-to-date with new student matters
- have a coffee with new students on campus (coffee vouchers are provided)
- provide ongoing support if your students contact you after week six of semester.
Applications to become a mentor for Semester 1, 2014 has closed.