Costs, tickets and guests
The cost of your Graduation Package is $155.00. This includes:
- Academic dress hire.
- Your trencher (black cap) as a memento (bonnet excluded).
- A University of Newcastle pin and bag.
- Seating for you and up to three guests* at your ceremony in the Great Hall.
- Tickets for you and up to three guests* to the Graduate Reception after the ceremony.
- Access to an electronic copy of the handshake photograph taken when you receive your graduation documents from the Chancellor. An email will be sent to your UoN email account when the photo is available.
*PhD graduates receive up to six guest tickets in recognition of their achievement.
Singapore Graduation Package
The Singapore Graduation Package cost will be confirmed closer to the date of your ceremony. This includes:
- Academic dress hire.
- Tickets for you and two guests* for an official ceremony program and light refreshments.
- A complimentary handshake photograph with the Chancellor.
- One stage photograph and one group photo in an exclusive folder.
*Singapore PhD graduates receive up to four guest tickets in recognition of their achievement.
Up to three (3) guest tickets are included as part of your Graduation Package. You may purchase up to 3 additional tickets at a cost of $15 per ticket, however, seat availability is limited due to the capacity of the venue. If requests for additional guest tickets exceed the venue capacity, a refund will be issued for any unallocated guest tickets. You will be notified via email to your UoN email by Wednesday, 17 September, if this occurs.
You'll receive your guest tickets at the registration desk on the day of your Graduation. Guest seating is not reserved, so let guests know to be seated as early as possible when the doors open one hour before the ceremony. Entry to the Great Hall is restricted to ticket holders only.
Children and babies at ceremonies
Small children and babies at ceremonies must be cared for by a guest of the graduate and are not permitted to sit with the graduate during the ceremony. Children over two years will require their own ticket.
Prams and strollers must be left in the foyer during the graduation ceremony due to Occupational, Health and Safety regulations. There is also a crying room at the Callaghan campus.
Guests with mobility difficulties, hearing or vision impairments
You can nominate if your guests have special needs when you register online. A special needs usher is available to help guests to their seats.