Sending dangerous goods
Dangerous goods are those which pose a risk to health, safety or property and can include:
- explosive substances liable to explode if subjected to heat or fire
- compressed gases including both flammable and non-flammable gases and deeply refrigerated permanent gases such as liquid nitrogen/air etc
- flammable liquids
- flammable solids
- oxidising materials and organic peroxides
- poisonous and infectious substances including micro organisms or their toxins, radioactive materials and corrosive materials
In line with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, if you are sending dangerous goods you need to:
- identify and classify all dangerous goods
- provide appropriate packaging and labelling
- correctly complete and sign a shipper's declaration form (select your relevant form below depending on the transport method you are using)
The Goods Inwards Store can help you with advice on the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, relevant shipping forms and possible contact names of suppliers who would be able to provide advice and material for specialised packaging.
- Road, rail and sea transport - dangerous goods declaration form - please contact the Goods Inwards Store if you need to ship dangerous goods via road, rail or sea.
- Air transport - shippers declaration for dangerous goods (PDF, 3,18MB) - please print form in colour.