Maintenance and cleaning
We have changed the way we deliver our services
The University owns and manages a significant asset base and the efficient management of this asset base is critical to the continued growth and success of the UON.
On 1 July 2015 the UON migrated our current model for the delivery of maintenance and facilities services to a head contractor mode.
Service managed by this change include:
- Building structure and fabric maintenance
- Grounds maintenance, including roads, car parks, sporting ovals, bushland and external civil infrastructure
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning maintenance
- Electrical services maintenance
- Fire systems maintenance
- Hydraulic services maintenance
- Waste Removal
- Outsourced security services at specific locations
- Access control and security system maintenance
- Relocation services
Maximo is not changing
To report a general maintenance issue please submit a Maximo service request. Some examples of general maintenance issues are flickering lights, faulty door handles and broken blinds.
Emergency works include broken water mains, loss of electrical power, toilet overflows and structural issues in your building. If you notice an emergency issue please report it immediately using the numbers below.
Newcastle campus (Callaghan) Central Coast campus (Ourimbah)
and Newcastle City precinct
- 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday - Infrastructure and Facilities Services
on 4921 6500
- After hours – Security on 4921 5888 (Calllaghan and Newcastle)
- After hours – Security on 4348 4222 (Ourimbah)
Our cleaning contractor cleans each weekday morning at most campus locations.
For additional cleaning work please complete an online Maximo service request.
Requests usually take at least 48 hours to complete as cleaning staff finish before business hours start.
Check out the below information sheets, fact sheets and updates.