Our enterprise agreements reached their nominal end dates on 30 June 2013. We are in the process of renegotiating these agreements.
The current agreements stand until they are replaced. Before a new agreement can come into effect, it needs to be approved by the majority of staff through a ballot process and by the Fair Work Commission.
The new agreements
We are working to a new agreement that supports our aspirations to build our performance, reputation, and our global leadership role while continuing to provide a rewarding, stimulating and supportive place to work. Below is a summary of our proposed approach:
- enhanced professional staff development programs
- introduction of a transitional doctoral program to increase the number of academic staff with doctoral qualifications
- consideration of increased access to leave for a variety of purposes
- refreshed model for redeployment, redundancy and separation benefits
- streamlining of processes including managing change, performance, misconduct and serious misconduct
- review mechanisms for academic workload
- changes to teacher classification structure
With budget cuts in the sector we are attempting to offer a fair salary increase as part of the new agreements and to maintain job security. Negotiations for this will continue.
Give your feedback
It is important that all staff have the opportunity to contribute to the enterprise bargaining process. If you would like to provide your feedback, please email the Enterprise Bargaining Team.