Discounts and savings
We have negotiated a range of discounts and savings as a benefit for UON staff.
The Commonwealth Bank at Newcastle campus (Callaghan) offers you a wide range of benefits such as home loans discounted by 0.50 per cent on the standard variable rate. Call 4968 1186 for further information and terms and conditions.
The Newcastle Permanent, also located at Newcastle campus, offers a wide range of competitive banking products for UoN staff. Call 131 987 for more information.
Our partner vendors offer discounts on hardware purchased for personal use.
These offers are available directly between the student or staff member and the vendor. All product and delivery issues should be addressed directly to the relative vendor. These offers are only to be used for personal purchases.
Dell offers a range of discounts, up to 12%, to UoN staff and students, dependent on the value of the order.
Follow this step by step guide to receive your discount (PDF, 236KB).
For Microsoft products, staff and students can use this e-Store: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/edu
For Apple products, staff and students can use this e-Store: http://www.apple.com/au-hed/shop
Staff can access a range of free or discounted software for home use. See IT and computing for more information.
NIB Corporate Health Plan
We have negotiated on behalf of UON staff
- a corporate discount of 8 per cent on NIB health insurance
- two and six month waiver on all Extras
- carry over of all served waiting periods if transferring from another fund on a similar level of cover
To find out more visit our NIB portal or call NIB's corporate line on 1800 131 463.
Bupa Corporate Health Plan
The University has partnered with Bupa to offer UON employees the Bupa Corporate Health Plan Offer which provides staff with access to discounted health insurance products and a great range of benefits, such as:
- Access to the 'no gap' range of fixed price packages on glasses and contact lenses at no additional cost at Members First Optical providers.
- Gap free general dental and physio for kids up to the age of 25 at Members First providers.
- Get peace of mind, with 60%-100% back (depending on the level of your extras covers) for selected services at Members First providers.
- No waiting periods for services you were covered for with your previous health insurer.
- Keep your mind and body active with some great member discounts on things like gym memberships, movie vouchers and theme party entry.
Access to Bupa member discount partners: https://corporate.bupa.com.au/.
Please use the logon details as follows: username: newcastleuniplan and password: cphealth
For our latest deals please click here
For further assistance, please contact Rani Ford at email@example.com.
Uni Health Insurance
Belong to the only health fund exclusively for the higher education community and their families.
6 great reasons to join
- Member focused
We exist for members and offer great value insurance through lower costs and generous benefits. In the last financial year, we paid 90 cents in benefits for every dollar received in contributions
- Exclusive cover
We provide value-added products and services exclusively for people in the higher education community and their families.
- Peace of mind
We’re brought to you by Teachers Health Fund, the largest industry-based health fund in Australia and a recognised leader in private health insurance for over 60 years.
- Happy members Over 95% of new members who join stay with UniHealth Insurance.
- Access to local Teachers Health Centres
Take advantage of exclusive discounts at our Hamilton, Surry Hills and Parramatta Health Centres for optical, dental, physiotherapy, remedial massage and chiropractic services, as well as sports injury management programs, and more.
- Access to Travel and General Insurance Access a great range of travel and general insurance products at a discounted rate through Teachers Health Fund.
For further assistance please contact Brian Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a valued partner of Qantas, the University has been extended an offer to all University Travellers.
For a limited time, you can join for free and save $89.50!
This offer is available to Australian residents who:
- Are not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member; and
- Accept the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
Qantas Club Membership
The University has a corporate rate available for Corporate Qantas Club Membership. For more information on rates and codes, see Corporate Qantas Club Membership.
Special Virgin Australia leisure travel offer
Enjoy 10% off Virgin Australia Domestic, Trans Tasman, International Short Haul and International Long Haul Flights. This offer is available for University employees travelling on Virgin Australia and their travel companions.
Offer is available on Business, Premium Economy, Freedom, Elevate and Getaway fare classes. Offer does NOT apply to Virgin Australia Go, Go Plus and sale fares.
Offer available for bookings from 1 October 2016 to 31 December 2016, for travel up to 30 June 2017. A 20 day advance purchase period applies. View the brochure for the promotional code.
Visit virginaustralia.com to book.
The University has an agreement with a number of accommodation providers. If you are interested in taking advantage of these rates, see Travelling for work for more information.