If you travel on approved official University activities, you are covered by our corporate travel policy for the official University component of your trip. Approval for official University activities is included in the funding application process or through your Faculty/School. You must have proof of this approval to be eligible for protection under this cover.

Excluded Destinations

Our insurance program does not provide cover for any travel to Cuba or Iran. If you are undertaking travel to either of these locations, it is our recommendation that you arrange private travel insurance with an insurer who is able to cover these destinations.

Please note this cover is limited. You must follow all University procedures and have obtained official approvals for coverage to apply. You need to find out what  is not covered before you go and, if needed, organise additional personal travel insurance.

Read more about travelling on University business.

See the Summary of travel insurance provisions (PDF, 48KB) for more details.

Before you go

If you are traveling for UON approved business of six nights or longer, you need to complete and submit this Travel Diary before you leave. Please contact your travel arranger for instructions and more information on the Travel Diary.

What to do in an emergency

If you experience a medical or security problem while travelling, you can get help from International SOS (ISOS). Our membership of ISOS provides access to free, 24/7 assistance on call, online and even on the ground to help with any medical, security and logistical questions, concerns and situations that may arise. This may include recommending an appropriate doctor or medical service.

Call ISOS +61 2 9372 2468

You can call this Sydney number reverse charge from overseas or you can contact any ISOS office overseas. For more information on countries you are visiting, and to download the ISOS Smartphone App, please see International SOS.

The University membership number is 12ACPA000086.

Make a claim

Gather and keep all documents relating to your loss or injury. Examples include police reports, medical reports, and lost baggage correspondence.

Complete the Corporate travel  claim form (DOC, 150KB) and lodge it with CS&C Insurance.

You should notify CS&C Insurance as soon as possible of your circumstances and lodge your claim within six months of the date of loss or injury. Claims not lodged within six months risk being denied.