Advanced Studies in Youth Evangelisation and Christian Formation
|Course code THEO6022||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
This course enables students to explore and evaluate the aims, principles, processes, and methods of adolescent catechesis and evangelization, in order to implement effective programs and develop the spirituality of adolescents.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010|
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course students will be expected to:|
1. Identify and explain the key concepts found in church documents related to Christian formation and evangelization, as well as adolescent catechesis.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the systemic influence of the family context, cultural background, both Catholic and other schools, and sacramental preparation have on evangelization and Christian formation.
3. Critically analyse recent research and scholarship on Christian formation and evangelisation.
4. Explore various approaches and strategies of evangelisation of adolescents.
5. Explore various approaches and strategies of catechesis of adolescents.
- Apprenticeship and discipleship
- Systemic influence of the family context, the cultural background, Catholic and other schools, and sacramental preparation to catechesis and evangelization
- Gospel values and exploring Catholic spirituality with adolescents
- Approaches to Evangelization
- Models and Theories of Catechesis
- Major church documents, current research and scholarship related to evangelization and catechesis
|Replacing Course(s)||Not Applicable|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 143 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|