Advanced Studies in Youth Evangelisation and Christian Formation
Available in 2012
|Online - Broken Bay Institute||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2011, 2010
This course enables students to explore and evaluate the aims, principles, processes, and methods of adolescent catechesis and evangelization, in order to implement effective programs and develop the spirituality of adolescents.
Upon completion of this course students will be expected to:
1. Identify and explain the key concepts found in church documents related to Christian formation and evangelization, as well as adolescent catechesis.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the systemic influence of the family context, cultural background, both Catholic and other schools, and sacramental preparation have on evangelization and Christian formation.
3. Critically analyse recent research and scholarship on Christian formation and evangelisation.
4. Explore various approaches and strategies of evangelisation of adolescents.
5. Explore various approaches and strategies of catechesis of adolescents.
- Apprenticeship and discipleship
- Systemic influence of the family context, the cultural background, Catholic and other schools, and sacramental preparation to catechesis and evangelization
- Gospel values and exploring Catholic spirituality with adolescents
- Approaches to Evangelization
- Models and Theories of Catechesis
- Major church documents, current research and scholarship related to evangelization and catechesis
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Email Discussion Group
Self Directed Learning
Self Directed Learning: for 143 hour(s) per Term for Full Term