Specialised Youth Ministry 2
Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2011, 2010
This course enables students to understand and theologically reflect the many contexts that influence and shape ministry to young people.
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:
1. Discuss the systemic influence of the family systems and parents have on youth ministry.
2. Articulate the various contexts in which ministry to youth occurs such as the parish, Catholic school, dioceses, and movements.
3. Identify and discuss the impact of generational theory on ministry with youth
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of postmodern culture on ministry to youth.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the internet and technology on ministry with youth, especially Web 2.0 theories.
6. Identify and articulate key theological themes and principles of Catholic youth ministry.
7. Demonstrate and ability to utilise the process of theological reflection in ministry with youth.
Implications of technology and Web 2.0 on youth ministry
Theological context of Youth Ministry
|Replacing Course(s)||Not Applicable.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 130 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|