Specialised Youth Ministry 1
Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2011, 2010
This course enables students to explore and evaluate the aims, principles, processes, and methods of adolescent catechesis and evangelization, in order to implement effective programs and develop the spirituality of adolescents.
Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:
1.Identify the key concepts found in church documents related to Christian formation and evangelization, as well as adolescent catechesis.
2.Review recent research and scholarship on Christian formation and evangelisation.
3.Explore various approaches and strategies of evangelisation of adolescents.
4.Explore various approaches and strategies of catechesis of adolescents.
- Apprenticeship and discipleship
- Systemic influence of the family context, the cultural background, Catholic and other schools, and sacramental preparation to catechesis and evangelization
- Gospel values and exploring Catholic spirituality with adolescents
- Approaches to Evangelization
- Models and Theories of Catechesis
- Major church documents, current research and scholarship related to evangelization and catechesis
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Self Directed Learning
Self Directed Learning: for 130 hour(s) per Term for Full Term