Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
Participants will learn about and share their personal knowledge and experiences of innovative and student-centred teaching models in use around the university in order to increase their effectiveness as brokers of student learning and as agents who can encourage students to take increasing responsibility for their own learning. The focus will be on student-centred rather than teacher-centred learning approaches.
On successful completion participants will be able to:
1. share and discuss student-centred approaches to teaching and learning focusing on particular educational needs and imperatives;
2. select, develop and implement an innovative, student-centred intervention in their own discipline/professional area to enhance student learning outcome; and
3. evaluate the effectiveness of implementing the alternative teaching/learning approach.
1. Review of student-centred methods currently in use by Course participants at the University of Newcastle.
2. Identification of opportunities to enhance learning outcomes for students.
3. Selection of potential innovative interventions to enhance student learning outcomes.
4. Design and conduct a project to implement and evaluate the proposed intervention.
5. Design of a poster to present project report.
TEHE6010 and TEHE6020.
Modes of Delivery
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Self Directed Learning
Workshop: for 32 hour(s) per Term for Full Term