Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Participants will be involved in the development of course material which effectively utilises the online environment of delivery. The impact of the learning environment on students will be considered as well as the issues associated with distance learning. The strategies for effective management of the student learning in the online and distance environment will also be covered.
|Objectives||On successful completion participants will be able to:
1. identify principles and peculiarities of online teaching;
2. design a course in Blackboard in their area of expertise;
3. design learning activities and materials which enhance online distance learning;
4. design aappropriate online assessment for their course; and
5. reflect on how their beliefs and ideas about online learning are linked to their teaching practice.
|Content||1. Instructional design.
2. Tools and technologies.
3. Course development.
4. Building a learning community.
6. Course Administration.
7. Plagiarism issues.
8. Policies impacting on online and distance learning courses.
|Replacing Course(s)||Not Applicable.|
|Assumed Knowledge||TEHE6010 and TEHE6020|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for TEHE6050|