Assessment of Student Learning
This course aims to contribute to the continuing improvement of participants' teaching practice through activities that focus on practical and professional approaches to university teaching and learning. Using experience-based approaches to assessment, participants will be offered the opportunity to examine their current practice and develop an appreciation of the similarities and differences between the disciplines represented in the cohort. Participants are encouraged to share their assessment strategies and tools with others in the course.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2014.
1. Examine the purpose of assessment;
2. Evaluate a variety of assessment strategies and their potential influence on student learning;
3. Apply psychometric principles to critically evaluate assessment; and
4. Create course assessment tools based on assessment principles.
- The value of assessment
- Developing Measurable Instructional Objectives
- Psychometric measurement: Validity, Reliability and Usability
- Course Blueprints
- Written Assessments (Multiple Choice, Short Answer, Restricted and Extended Response Essay
- Performance Assessments, Portfolios and Scoring Rubrics
- Self and Peer Assessment
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Graduate Certificate in Practice of Tertiary Teaching program.
TEHE6010 and TEHE6020
Written Assignment: Written Assignments