Participants will be involved in the development of a course which aligns learning outcomes, content, assessment and evaluation, through effective curriculum design and implementation strategies and practices. The course will also cover the alignment of courses within programs.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2014.
1. Determine the full range of learning intended for students to achieve in a course and write matching course learning outcomes;
2. Design assessment tasks to enable the demonstration of the students' achievement of those learning outcomes, and identify criteria and standards for students' performance of those outcomes;
3. Develop learning activities for students that provide opportunities for active engagement and that are aligned to the achievement of learning outcomes taking account of different student needs and perspectives;
4. Integrate appropriate graduate attributes and academic skills within course design;
5. Plan for multiple opportunities for students to obtain feedback to improve their learning; and
6. Plan for the evaluation of course design and delivery through a range of self, peer and student monitoring, feedback and evaluation techniques.
- Developing aims and learning outcomes
- Designing a variety of learning activities aligned to learning outcomes
- Developing assessment (diagnostic, formative and summative) as a key component of courses
- Embedding core skills and attributes in courses
- Building opportunities for student feedback into courses, and
- Evaluating course design
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Graduate Certificate in Practice of Tertiary Teaching program.
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
Face to Face On Campus 21 hour(s) per Term
Workshop 3 days per term (7 hrs per day) + Online and Self Directed Learning