Social Work Ethics
|Course code SWRK3007||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
This course focuses on high level ethical decision making relating to individual, group and community practice. This online course runs parallel to Field Practicum (SWRK3300). Students will be required to integrate and critique theoretical models and decision making tools relevant to their practicum field of practice.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course students will be able to demonstrate: |
1. An advanced awareness of their own values and how these impact on ethical decision making, as well as a capacity to re-evaluate these values with reference to the requirements of professional practice.
2. A high level of self-awareness and open transparent decision-making that is responsive to feedback from clients, peers, supervisors and teaching staff
3. A critical understanding of the application of the AASW Code of ethics and knowledge of a range of perspectives and theoretical frameworks that influence ethical decision making in practice
4. Developed application of knowledge from a range of ethical frameworks, models and approaches to assessment and intervention with clients, paying particular attention to work with people from culturally and linguistically diverse groups
5. Demonstrate a capacity to search for, analyse and present relevant literature in relation to ethical social work practice and specific issues related to social work practice.
|Content||* Ethics theory and practice|
* Ethical decision making frameworks and models and their application in social work practice
* Ethical decision making processes and practice responses to a diverse range of client presenting issues
|Replacing Course(s)||SWRK4001 (Ethics unit)|
|Transition||This revision is the division of a 20 unit course: SWRK4001 into two 10 unit courses. It does not affect the content, and students who repeat can complete under the new course codes (SWRK4300 and SWRK3007).|
|Assumed Knowledge||SWRK2001, SWRK2003, SWRK2200|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group|
Experience Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Email Discussion Group: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks|
Self Directed Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for SWRK3007|