Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Elementary field and office surveying theory and practice especially in relation to civil engineering works, including areas and volumes, horizontal circular and transition curves and vertical curves, long-sections and cross-sections, and traverse calculations.
1. Introduce students to fundamental concepts used to surveying of sites for road and/or rail curves.
2. Introduce students to calculations to permit the setting out of circular and transition horizontal and parabolic vertical road or rail curves.
3. Introduce students to surveys and drawing for long-sections and cross-sections which allow the calculation of areas and volumes for earthworks for road and rail curves.
4. Introduce students to concepts and practicalities of traversing, especially for control relating to the above matters.
* Surveys by total station and traverse, with relevant calculations.
* Horizontal circular curves
* Transition curves
* Vertical parabolic curves
* Long- and cross-sections
* Areas & volumes
SURV1110 Surveying 1.
Modes of Delivery
Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Field Study: for 3 hour(s) per Week for 6 weeks