Studies in Human Communication Disorders
This course provides students with an opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills within the field of human communication disorders. Students can select from a set of choices but options will vary from semester to semester.
Not currently available.
1. Identify the latest resources in their chosen topic area.
2. Critically appraise recent developments in an area in terms of theory and application
3. Apply newly acquired knowledge and skills to hypothetical or real world contexts
4. Demonstrate the ability to communicate recent developments in their chosen topic area.
Students choose from the available topics (depending on lecturer and topic availability). Within the topic chosen, content coverage includes the following:
- Historical review
- Current research methods
- Latest research findings
- Critical appraisal of conceptual and theoretical bases of the area
- Critical appraisal of applications (including research)
- Issues for the future
Written Assignment: Written assignment
In Term Test: Examination: Take Home
Online Learning Activity: Contribution to on-line discussion forums
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term