Clinical Practice 2
Students undertake supervised face-to-face clinical experience with particular speech pathology caseloads, i.e. voice, and fluency. Clinical placements are usually the on-campus setting, and involve full day attendance (8.00am - 5pm), as allocated (one day per week, or block allocation), for the period allocated for up to 20 days (and may include attendance outside the semester). In addition, when available, observation of specialist paediatric caseload management in the hospital setting may be required.
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Demonstrate levels of clinical competence as required to meet the Competency Based Occupational Standards for Speech Pathologists, and in reasoning, communication, professionalism, and lifelong learning
2. Experience (directly or indirectly) clinical management of voice and fluency disorders in children or adults.
3. Communicate their clinical experience and competence verbally and in writing in a professional and ethical manner.
4. Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour appropriate to the policies and procedures of the clinical placement setting.
This course provides clinical practice experience with voice and fluency caseloads.
The student is supervised by a qualified speech pathologist.
Students will be involved with the planning and delivery of services for assessment and treatment of individual cases, as well as having the opportunity to participate in a range of service delivery/caseload management models.
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Speech Pathology(Hons) and associated combined degree programs.Students cannot complete SPTH4080 and SPTH4090 concurrently without the approval of the Program Convenor and the Clinical Education Co-ordinator.
SPTH2001, SPTH2004, SPTH3004, SPTH3080, PSYC2300
Professional Task: Ungraded requirements - COMPASS® Assessment
Written Assignment: Ungraded - Record of Range of Experience
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Students must complete NSW Health Department requirements for students to attend placements in NSW Health facilities.
Face to Face Off Campus 160 hour(s) per Term