Students undertake supervised face-to-face clinical experience with adult speech pathology caseloads. Clinical experience placements are usually in speech pathology student units either in community/hospital or on-campus settings, and attendance for up to three days (8.00am - 5pm) each week may be required for the period allocated (and typically includes attendance outside the semester). Tutorials will be provided on-campus to facilitate of links between academic/clinical knowledge.
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Demonstrate progress from beginning levels of clinical competence toward intermediate levels of competence across all units of the Competency Based Occupational Standards for Speech Pathologists - Entry level and in reasoning, communication, professionalism, and lifelong learning.
2. Experience (directly or indirectly) clinical management of acquired disorders in the areas of language, speech, swallowing, voice, fluency and multi-modal communication in adults. range of speech, language, voice, fluency or swallowing disorders in adults.
3. Communicate their observations and clinical findings verbally and in writing in a professional and ethical manner.
4. Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour appropriate to the policies and procedures of the clinical placement setting.
This subject provides clinical practice experience with primarily adult clinical populations.
The student is supervised by a qualified speech pathologist.
The student has the opportunity to observe and work directly with adults with a range of impairments, activity limitations and participation restrictions related to speech, language, voice, fluency, swallowing, and multi-modal communication.
Students will be involved with the planning and delivery of evidence-based services for assessment and treatment of individual cases, have the opportunity to participate in a range of service delivery/case management models
This course is only available to student enrolled in the Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours) (12318) program.
SPTH2080, SPTH2001, SPTH2002, SPTH2003, LING3006, HUBS1404, HUBS1107 and STAT1070
Professional Task: Ungraded requirements (COMPASS® Assessment and Record of Range of Experience)
Viva Voce: Viva (oral examination)
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 24 hour(s) per Week for 7 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 7 Weeks