Regional Social Policy and Planning
|Course code SPSW3070||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
In this course students examine how social planning practice and techniques fit with community and policy development through regional focus. Students will explore aspects including locational disadvantage, community development and the relevance of ecological sustainability to the social services sector. Relevant project work is undertaken to develop knowledge and skills in social planning practice in relation to other professions.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate:|
1. An understanding of the concept, principles and application of ecological sustainability and their relevance to the social and community services sector.
2. A critical understanding of the concept of regionalism.
3. An understanding of political social and planning processes.
4. An appreciation of the impact of location on economic standards of living, social structure, sense of community, environmental quality, political processes and cultural experience.
5. A critical understanding of relevant legislative and policy contexts and policy development.
6. Community engagement and lobbying.
2. Ecologically sustainable development;
3. Planning structures and processes;
4. Relevant legislative and policy frameworks;
5. Social capital and citizen participation;
6. Relevance to social and community sector work.
|Replacing Course(s)||Not applicable.|
|Assumed Knowledge||A knowledge base developed in SPSW1001 Australian Welfare Policy (formerly SPSW1010) and SPSW2110 Community Processes and Social change (formerly SPSW2010), SWRK1001 Introduction to Social Work (formerly SWRK1010) and SWRK2001 Social Work Theory and Practice 1 (formerly SWRK2100) or equivalent courses.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for SPSW3070|