Professional Placement in Exercise & Sport Science
Available in 2012
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
This course allows students to integrate real world skills and experience with theoretical concept and knowledge obtained during their degree program. Students will be offered the opportunity to undertake work-integrated learning. The course involves 100 hours of work experience with a professional in two out of three different sectors of the exercise & sport science industry; sport, clinical and/or health promotion.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this Compulsory Course Component in the course outline provided by the School.
On successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively with clients, peers and the public in a professional manner consistent with the Code of Conduct for Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA);
2. Demonstrate professional behaviour in actions, attitudes and demeanour at all times;
3. Demonstrate completion of work experience in at least two sectors of the Exercise & Sport Science industry totalling 100 hours;
4. Critically evaluate their work experience performance and analyse their own professional strengths and weaknesses.
- 100 hours of work placement in the Exercise & Sport Science industry
- Development of communication skills in a professional environment
- Professional code of conduct and obligations
- Professional development
Assumed Knowledge. SPOR1010, SPOR2010, SPOR2050, SPOR2030, SPOR2070, SPOR3010 (or concurrent enrolment in SPOR3010).
Modes of Delivery
Laboratory: for 4 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks
Field Study: for 100 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Lecture: for 4 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks