Professional Placement in Exercise & Sport Science
|Course code SPOR3040||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Environmental and Life Sciences|
This course allows students to integrate real world skills and experience with theoretical concept and knowledge obtained during their degree program. Students will be offered the opportunity to undertake work-integrated learning. The course involves 100 hours of work experience with a professional in two out of three different sectors of the exercise & sport science industry; sport, clinical and/or health promotion.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this Compulsory Course Component in the course outline provided by the School.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course the student will be able to: |
1. Communicate effectively with clients, peers and the public in a professional manner consistent with the Code of Conduct for Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA);
2. Demonstrate professional behaviour in actions, attitudes and demeanour at all times;
3. Demonstrate completion of work experience in at least two sectors of the Exercise & Sport Science industry totalling 100 hours;
4. Critically evaluate their work experience performance and analyse their own professional strengths and weaknesses.
|Content||- 100 hours of work placement in the Exercise & Sport Science industry|
- Development of communication skills in a professional environment
- Professional code of conduct and obligations
- Professional development
|Assumed Knowledge||Assumed Knowledge. SPOR1010, SPOR2010, SPOR2050, SPOR2030, SPOR2070, SPOR3010 (or concurrent enrolment in SPOR3010).|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Laboratory: for 4 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks|
Field Study: for 100 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Lecture: for 4 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks