Foundations of Exercise and Sports Science
|Course code SPOR1010||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Environmental and Life Sciences|
This course provides an introduction to the field of exercise and sport science. SPOR1010 is the stepping stone to engage with the nature, philosophy, history and scientific foundations of exercise science and sport. Students will be exposed to the key issues and challenges of exercise science and sport including the structure of the industry, as well as career opportunities and pathways.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this Compulsory Course Component in the course outline provided by the School.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: |
1. Comprehend the nature of exercise & sport science and construct a personal philosophy of exercise & sport science.
2. Describe the historical foundations of exercise science and sport.
3. Explain the various roles of exercise science and sport in society.
4. Distinguish the inter-relationship of the various sub-disciplines of exercise science and sport.
5. Recognise the various careers within exercise science and sport.
|Content||- Meaning and philosophy of exercise science and sport |
- Goals and objectives of exercise science and sport
- History of exercise science and sport
- Motor behaviour
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Sociology of exercise science and sport
- Careers in exercise science and sport
|Assumed Knowledge||No specific prior knowledge is assumed.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term