Social Science Honours 3
|Course code SOCS4003||Units 20||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
This course will involve the student undertaking preparatory work for a research dissertation/project.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate:|
1. detailed understanding of specific issues and concepts relating to an aspect of their chosen field of social science study;
2. detailed knowledge of materials and sources relating to these issues;
3. ability to perform an extended research dissertation or project at Honours level;
4. skills in performing an extended critical/analytical OR creative task in a social science area at Honours level; and
5. ability to write an essay of thesis length OR present a substantial exhibition, performance, or body of creative writing at honours level.
|Content||This course will involve the student undertaking preparatory work for a research project with an appropriate supervisor on a topic within their chosen field of social science study. The student will be required to undertake independent research, guided where appropriate by directed readings, consultation and feedback from an assigned supervisor.|
|Assumed Knowledge||The Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) program requires successful completion of a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Social Science or equivalent, with a major in a field relevant to their proposed Honours study and at least a credit average in the field in their undergraduate program.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|