Software Project 2: Software Implementation, Testing and Maintenance
|Course code SENG6160||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
SENG6150 and SENG6160 form a 2 course sequence in which students apply their previously-developed knowledge and skills to a substantial practical team project. SENG6160 concentrates on the implementation, testing, and maintenance phases. A team project is undertaken which implements a provided design based on the SENG6150 project requirements. A second part of the course involves maintenance and extension of either the previously-implemented system, or legacy software for which documentation is provided.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||At the completion of this course, students will:|
1) Have a detailed understanding of, and project experience related to, the implementation, testing, and maintenance phases in software development.
2) Understand software configuration and management.
3) Have developed system integration skills.
4) Have a detailed understanding of software project management.
5) Have practical experience of maintenance of production software.
6) Have understanding of system integration.
7) Have developed team and presentation skills.
8) Be able to work effectively in a team.
|Content||Topics for this course are:|
" Software implementation
" System integration
" Software system maintenance and configuration management
" Project management
" Software development tools and environments
" Software engineering standards for implementation, testing, and overall system quality
|Replacing Course(s)||SENG6340 Object-Oriented Software Engineering|
|Transition||Students may not gain credit for both SENG6340 and SENG6160.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
|Contact Hours||Problem Based Learning: for 5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for SENG6160|